Tuesday 10 November 2015

Supernatural sub-genre poster analysis





























From my primary research into supernatural horror films, I've learnt that a lot of these films are based of true events, which evokes fear into the audience because it makes it more believable. Also the films are more like ghost stories when they're based of true events. I've also noticed that these films like to include religion and use good and evil. The binary opposites are very common in supernatural horror films.

Religion is a big part of these demon based supernatural horror films and I think this is because religion is something people rely on to feel safe and protected from demons and spirits. Using religion and it failing to help the protagonists can be fearful and it brakes that barrier of safety. Although I do think it's also to cross over into the audiences lives because religion is a personal thing that a lot of people can relate to.   

Supernatural horror films are usual about possession, spirits, or demons, even though werewolves, vampires, shapeshifters are all supernatural creatures and fall into the same sub-genre. I think the sub-genre of supernatural horror then brakes down into two, supernatural creatures and then spirits and demons. When i create my own poster campaign, I'll go towards the spirit side of supernatural horror, I think you can be more creative and can base the film of peoples personal fears. 

By reading the synopsis of these films, I've learnt the the spirit is someone who had a troubled past and that's why the haunt. In reality, people who have told their own ghost stories, there is normally a much deeper meaning to it and why that spirit haunts. 



No comments:

Post a Comment